A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And-Twenty-Seven

Workshop this morning was very productive.  We did several writing exercises, and I felt very good about the work itself. Today's focus was on aubades, which are poems relating to the morning, generally in praise, though they can be negative instead.  It helped me to be grounded to the concrete in that way, I think, though I am also aware that I have written many poems about the morning before, though I had not thought of them as aubades in specific.  I do have to admit it is a bit odd doing the festival online, and the workshop has been a little bit less feedback and conversation driven.  I understand this, of course, as the technology does not facilitate having a dozen or so people actively conversing with the ease of doing so IRL.  I do think that I am gaining a great deal from the work we are doing, but it is still not the same as being there.  Yet, I cannot help but feel it is even more precious a thing in this time, even if it must come in a somewhat handicapped form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three