A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And-Twenty-Three

I recognize that some aspects of my writing are outside of the norms.  This is true in your poetry as much as in other work, and I know it is a part of what creates a challenge for me in publishing.  At the same time, I also do not want to be writing what anyone else could be.  It is, however, also important for me to grow and learn, and I wonder, at times, if I have made deliberate choices in my work that might weaken it from certain perspectives, and I also am coming to recognize that their are factors in these choices that reflect my fears, that are protective, and which need to be shed.  I have been writing so much, until quite recently, but I also know how many things I have chosen not to write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three