A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And-Twenty

I spent a good deal of time today working on my paper project, which is, in some ways, a distraction at the moment, in a positive way.  I am still doing my writing, and meeting my obligations, so it has not been problematic in those ways, rather it is giving me something new and interesting that I am able to explore with a sense of immediate feedback.  I can easily see what works or what does not, and I don't need to wait to see what others think.  As well, it allows me to focus on something besides the crises of the world, and of my own life.  It has been a rough time, of late, and it is good to be able to just drift off and focus on something that is self-contained and does not involve deep thinking about anything beyond the task itself.  Beyond this, I do feel I am approaching something that will be really interesting and novel, and which may open up avenues for me to explore things I've always been fascinated by but never had a chance to into dive fully.  I feel quite close to a breakthrough, indeed, I was quite close already today, but I think the concept needs a bit of refinement.  It feels rather exciting, though I am still only at a starting point, as I have to determine how to do certain basic things before I can begin to put what I am learning to use and I can't wait until I am at that point so I can actually create some of the things in my head and share them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three