Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Ninety-Two

 I do not really know what to write at the moment, besides to say that I am attempting to stay away from the news as much as I can at the moment.  It is not all that easy, to be honest, as I do share my life with a woman who spent twenty years working in a newsroom.  She may no longer be in the newspaper industry, but her desire to remain informed about things has not changed.  She recognizes, though, my needs as well, and so we can accommodate one another.  Right now she is watching CNN in another room, and I am here in my office, attempting to remain calm.  I have to hope that Biden wins, though I am not at all confident about it, and not even certain what will be if he does.  Still, for this moment, I want to give myself the luxury of having the feeling that tomorrow might bring positive change and the potential that things might not continue on the horrifying path that has unfolded over the last several years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three