Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Ninety

 It has been another rather slow day, but I have been doing quite a lot of thinking, and putting things together for myself.  Some of this is, of course, connected to personal events, but a large amount has been more in terms of ideas I've had for things I would like to write about, as well as just the larger considerations of the world, in a general and more philosophical sense.  Much of that does relate to things I am working towards writing about, but the path forward is often not straight or clear.  I feel as if many of the things I am thinking about come across as silly or even just nonsensical when I attempt to explain them, but that is often how it is until I have a clearer sense of things.  Recently, I began to be able to explain certain aspects of my personal experiences in ways I had not considered before, and there is a way in which this only results from failing to find appropriate methods for communicating.  It is not only the matter of understanding a concept, it is often that the experiential qualities of thinking are important in order to connect a thought together appropriately.  That is to say, an idea must carry content but also context, especially when it is a more complicated idea to communicate and grounded in the phenomenological, not the external reality itself.  In attempting to explain any kind of experience, the ideas that need to be carried include a great deal that the communicator must unpack first: things that will be invisible at first may be essential.  So, often an idea has many aspects that seem clear from inside that are essential and supportive, and which must be discovered and communicated along with the core concept itself.  As clear as this might seem, it is often a difficult matter discovering what is missing, because it can seem so apparent from within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three