A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty-Eight

Today has been a productive day for me, with a number of new drafts for poems, work on my current fiction project, along with some odds and ends.  As well, their are a bunch of new submissions out (thanks Freesia).  I did receive another rejection as well.  I am expecting I will have a bunch more responses this week, as I know that their is a desire to clear things off before Thanksgiving, if possible.  I am attempting to keep hopeful about what these might contain, but I know the likelihood is just more rejections.  It is difficult to remain positive, but I do have a lot of faith in my work, at this point.  I've had many others express their support and belief in it in many different ways, and I believe them.  That does not, of course, mean that I will be able to get the work in print, or that the market is seeking anything of the sort that I am writing, but I have to believe it means something in the long term.  It is not always enough to think in that perspective, as it really is not fun to keep getting rejections.  It is inevitable to feel like it is failure, even if I know the work to be good.  But, that negativity is not all that helpful, and it would be nice to find a new way of thinking that might open up possibilities I haven't considered yet.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three