A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty-Three

 I was more productive today than I had been much of the recent past, largely in the form of poetry.  I did some work on fiction, but it was, if I am honest, minimal at best.  The story I am working on seems to be taking its time right now, but that is alright.  I am trusting in this process. I know the most significant thing for me is often just to keep going until I reach the end with certainty that it exists.  As I have said, I often discover work I am doing has elements that twist and weave together in ways I did not expect, such as finding that some detail which I did not understand including serves in a significant role later in the piece.  If I keep going, I am certain I will discover something in the heart of what I am writing, which may not make the story itself good at this point, though revision is always important for any piece of writing.  In the end, though, the discovery can serve as important whether the work can be redeemed into something of greater value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three