A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty-One

I do not really know what to put here tonight.  As I said last night, though I keep writing, I am finding myself rather exhausted in a physical, emotional, mental, and even spiritual sense.  The events unfolding at a national level are just astonishing in their ability to continue to be upsetting without anyone really doing anything at all.  On a personal level, I've had a great deal of difficulty in the recent past.  Melissa and I are still both crying almost daily because of Ulysses dying last year, and events following have often exacerbated that in one way or another, at least for me.  Both of us have had a great deal of stress in terms of our families, and it has been growing more and more difficult of late.  All of this, and we are currently dealing with our house being a total disaster, because we had committed to a remodel before Covid-19 hit and had little choice but to follow through at a certain point.  So, it is a bit crazy, and it feels silly to even express this, because I know everyone is having a year of extremes, challenges and difficulty, but it is also hard not to want to just shout about it all, to just let it go and hope someone else will hear, even if they do not have any answers, just that they will hear and recognize the validity of the experience, to recognize it as real and human, and to know it is something akin to what they have seen and felt, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three