A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty

I have been writing each day, but it has been difficult, and it is often just the minimum of work.  In part, it is difficult to maintain motivation when I am finding that I can't place any of what I am creating, but the real truth is that I am just feeling overwhelmed and emotionally exhausted.  This year has been so insane in so many ways, and I have had a great deal of difficulty within my own family, problems that have come to a head after many years, which might be fine if it did not feel that their was no intent or desire to actually make anything better.  All this is, of course, compounded by everything going on with the country, with witnessing a purposeful effort to undermine the electoral process itself by the President with support if not collusion by many in his party.  But, still, I wrote today.  I did the thing I can do, and I will do it again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three