Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Eighty-Six

I finished the first draft for the essay I've been working on and I am quite happy with it right now.  That is, of course, in the aftermath of having finished it, not having yet begun looking at it for revision.  I know already that some of it will need work, and I am concerned that a certain portion of it is rather dry, but I do feel that I managed to land the ending and the start still feels good, at least in a larger sense, even after a few days.  It is a complicated topic, and I am uncertain of the reception it might receive, as I have said before, but I think the essay makes a solid case, and does it in a way that is approachable and, perhaps, even entertaining or maybe interesting is a better term for it.  In any event, it feels good to have a draft done on that piece, as I was concerned it might take far longer to get through.  Tomorrow I will need to begin revision, of course, but my main concerns with that are about citation and such, not the structure.  There is bound to be more, but I am not going to worry about that tonight.  For now, it is just nice to feel I finished something I think is good and possibly important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three