Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Seventy-Nine

 I am going to try taking a break from talking about my family drama tonight, though it continues.  It is not any clearer to me today than yesterday, and I don't really know that writing about here would be helpful.  Indeed, it feels that focusing on work is probably important for me right now, both in terms of practical concerns and because it is a distraction for me.

I'm ready to send out my new chapbook, which I am thinking of titling Reflection.  I think it is quite good, as a collection, but I do worry about a reader not getting in far enough to discover the book in a real sense, as the second half impacts the meaning of the first in order to change the meaning of those poems.  I shared the work with Kevin Pilkington, a poet I studied with at Sarah Lawrence who has remained a mentor for me, and he was quite enthusiastic and felt that the approach was not one he had seen before.  I think it represents a significant piece of work for me, in a way that is not only about publication, and I do have hope it will be able to stand out in positive ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three