Poem: Things Have Changed

Things Have Changed

I do not want
this to be between us,
but it is now, 
and it cannot be removed
by any outcome
I can imagine:
if you do not get
what it is you want,
I will feel guilt
for what I already had,
and if you do get it,
I will feel violated.
I asked before,
when this was not the way,
when there was not this,
but you made certain,
you can say it was not a choice,
can pretend it was nothing you did,
but it is between us now,
though I wanted better,
wanted the respect
of being treated better,
and everything so far
has shown me that
was never a concern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three