Poem: Seeking Perspective

Seeking Perspective

I speak to her
on the phone
explain much
of what it is
that has occurred
in the past week,
she listens
with sympathy,
tells me 
it will be hard
to hear her,
but it is true,
that years ago
she saw me
with my parents
and left to cry
in her car
about what it was
she had seen,
her pain
thinking on her own
children, how she
did not want to be
that way to them,
that such behavior
is a sign
it will never change,
that it will always
be as it is,
that it cannot change
and it might be so,
or it might be
I will make it so
if I do not withstand,
or is it just stoicism
to allow that.  I do not know
at all, know I do not want
to say she is right,
that it is beyond repair,
but I also know
I cannot recall
the conversation
she witnessed,
too many others,
but not that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three