Poem: Research

Research

I am looking
through a window
that does not see
this day, but 
shows long ago
and far off, as well,
but not so clear
and not with eyes
that were there,
my eyes were not there,
how could they see
what they 
were never present for?
No, but the mirror
does show something
that is supposed to be
what was then,
it is more 
than I had known,
had seen, is not
bright and clean,
is not the image
as a painting
or drawn by a man
standing on a grand lawn
in the middle of a bright day,
is not that,
it shows what they have not,
I think, it does,
but is it a window
or am I looking
into a mirror
I do not understand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three