Poem: It Has Not Been Happening

It Has Not Been Happening

It was not good,
was nothing I wanted,
and I would never think
it is a thing to miss
or that I had any attachment
to those incidents,
they did not bring pleasure,
did not mean anything good at all,
or I though that, but, now,
in this time of silence,
when there is nothing,
not good or bad,
though I am certain
it is always bad,
because it has been that way
for so long, and now
that even the bad has stopped,
even that is not here,
it is gone,
and I think it was better
to have it coming,
to see something,
even if it was not progress
it was still more
than the silence
that comes with nothing,
that is empty
and not filled
with any intention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three