Poem: I Told You Before

I Told You Before 

It was said.  I said to you
I what it was I felt,
asked to be given 
this, told you, made clear,
asked you before,
when it was only a thing
I feared, I had dreamt
might come to pass,
and now you come
and ask me if it is alright,
ask me as if it is a question,
but you knew already
it would not be, knew
you were not asking me
but stating your intent
to violate me this way,
to show I did not deserve
my needs respected,
placing me in a situation
that would force me
to give you permission,
to say it was fine
for you to do this,
to do what I asked
not to happen,
because I never wanted
even to be in the situation
having to be asked,
even that seems proof
you had decided already
it was what you wanted,
because you knew
it would cause me harm,
because you do not want
unless you are also taking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three