Poem: I See It in A Certain Way

I See It in A Certain Way

It is not as if I can think of
any other way to see it,
but I know my perspective
is one that might do me harm,
it is dangerous to have ideas
that others will find uncomfortable,
is considered an attack,
can bring harm, but
if it is not said,
if the idea just rests within
because their is danger,
if that is the reason
it may not be enough,
though it is also unclear
if it is right to say such things,
if they are part of the world
from a particular vantage
and would lose too much context,
if it is impossible to say it
without it being cruel,
and if that is the case,
is it a necessary cruelty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three