Poem: I Made A Small Mistake

I Made A Small Mistake

I named the son, or maybe
it is the grandson or
it could be a woman,
the name is ambiguous
on that matter, I think,
at least in some countries,
some cultures, but
it does not matter
because the one
I meant to name
was a man, but
a man from before
in the same family,
an ancestor of
the latter one,
who might be a daughter
or son or grandchild,
but is not the one
who did it,
cannot be the one
who I said did it,
because it happened
before they were born,
happened before them
being at all, no matter
what name or gender,
they did not have anything yet,
did not do anything
except wait to be,
but the one before them,
he was there, did it,
but I did not give
that name at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three