A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Seventy-Four

I have had a rather terrible day, and I do not want to get into it here, but I am feeling rather low.  For a bit, I had considered not doing any writing, but it was only a momentary thought, and even now I am debating writing a little bit more after this, although it is already almost three in the morning and I need to be up early.  I am feeling a great deal of stress, and I had some very upsetting interactions with some members of my family that have long term ramifications and which seemed to suggest that my concerns are irrelevant to them.  It is as if no one is able to see it from my perspective at all, and I feel very hurt by that, let alone that they are talking about taking actions that would really be upsetting to me and impact my daily life for years to come, in ways that I would find very difficult to deal with, and it feels intentional.  This is, of course, all on top of a lot of other stress about the world and the pandemic and the future, as well as the stress I feel about my work not being accepted anyplace (I have a hundred submissions that have gone out in a little over a year and the fifty one responses have all been rejections).  I am trying to remain hopeful, but I know I need to find a way to take real, meaningful action, and I know I am in need of real help.  I am also dreadfully afraid that I will not find it.  I do not know what to do.  I am sick of not knowing what to do, and now it is about so much more, about so many things in my life.  I had things that I was excited about, things that were good, and they all feel tainted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three