Poem: Fulfillment

Fulfillment

I am quite eager
for the box
to arrive, 
to open it
and discover
the secrets
it will contain,
but I do not want
to allow myself
to anticipate
what will be there,
what I will find,
do not want
to expect it
to be anything
of real value,
to trust 
the promise
of fulfillment,
of receiving
anything more
than another
disappointment,
not because
I do not wish
to be hurt again,
there is no way
for that, nothing
will keep that away,
no, it is simply gone,
I cannot allow it
any longer
because it is too much,
but perhaps
I will be renewed
by what I find,
perhaps, 
it may be possible,
I concede it can be,
though my experience
with that is limited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three