Poem: Please Get Out of My House

Please Get Out of My House

It would be different
if you were a cat
or perhaps a small lizard,
but this does not work,
not at all.  It is not personal,
but you are a duck
and do not seem to have
any understanding of manners,
of how company should behave,
have already made such a mess,
white stains on the tiles, the walls,
the smell of it all, and the noise of you,
and it does not seem you are happy:
we have nothing for you, not even a filled tub,
but each time I open the door
you only honk again and gnash at me
with your beak, and I do not want
another encounter like that,
so I am asking, though it seems silly,
because perhaps you will understand,
will realize that I do not mean harm,
that I am only seeking to show you
the path back to the freedom of open sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)