A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Thirty-Eight

 I received another rejection tonight, and it is one that I find is in particular upsetting, as it is the first piece of fiction that I have sent out, and is for a particular story that I am very proud of, and which I have been told is exceptional and innovative.  It feels very symbolic that the first rejection I receive for fiction is for that story, and I can't help but feel it is a sign that things will not change.  I do not have anything else to say about it, really, and all I could say is the same stuff I have said before.  I feel lost and in need of help, and I feel that asking for help only provides me more evidence that I am in this alone.  I need to know what I can do, and I feel certain that I will not be able to find that answer.  It is an untenable situation that I am incapable of altering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three