A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty

I am wondering what I must do to get beyond my current situation, as I have said before, but it feels to be a rather different question now.  In large part, it is driven by a recognition that things in this nation and around the world are in a precarious and unpredictable condition, and trusting the possibility of things that might happen in the future seems foolish.  As well, I am also aware that, for me, the thing I am capable of doing, the form of resistance that I am best suited for, is through my writing, and their is an urgency to that right at this moment.  I feel a pressure building and am terrified of what is to come, but I think what scares me more is the sense that I am not able to at least use the skills I have spent my life building to stand up when it seems to matter most.  I don't know how to take the necessary steps, but I cannot wait around for things to grow darker without doing something, and the only path I know for myself that would feel like I was genuinely taking real action and not just pretending is to do so as a poet and an artist, with that work itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)