A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Six

I wrote several more poems today, but I didn't keep as close track on the amount at the moment.  It seems to be fine, at least today, and it may work for a bit, but I have a desire to get back on a more regimented schedule.  Is it just a lingering desire or is their a genuine underlying reason?  I am not all that certain, but the fact that I am doing alright today without tracking everything closely feels significant, even if it is not a long term solution.  It has taken me a long while to reach a place where I feel I can trust myself to write enough without needing a specific accounting, though trust may not be the right word.  It is funny to be discussing this, as it probably seems minor, even insignificant, but it feels important in some way for me, as though it is a shift in certain aspects of my thinking around this work, but I still do not entirely believe I would keep on this way.  Some bit of me doubts that I can remain dutiful without a quota to fill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three