A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Forty-One

 I did not get any additional poems done today, but I am working on a long essay at the moment as well, and that has taken a good deal of my writing time.  It is a response to an episode of the program "Lovecraft Country" which is currently on HBO, and in specific to an aspect of the third episode that adds an anti-Semitic subtext that I found rather upsetting.  I am hoping to have at least a draft of it in the next day or so.  I still need to get myself writing more poems, but I am also glad to be stretching into new areas with my work, although, if I am honest, I am not as interested in non-fiction and essays as an art form for myself.  I do not really want to become known for that kind of work, if I cannot also get poetry and fiction published as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three