Poem: It Would Be Nice to Write

 It Would Be Nice to Write

about the taste of the sun, or
the color of the light
as it reflects off my dreams
in the morning, or even
what music is right
to describe your hand,
each finger as it curls
against my own,
and I should write that,
but I saw the news,
wonder how I can focus
on what is here
between us, in this place
where we have stayed together
through the pandemic,
on you and I,
on writing poems
about this, our life,
when I see
the world around us
and wonder if it is wrong
to want to speak instead
of beauty, or is it important
to keep focused upon
what remains now
that we must preserve
when we have a chance
to make and be the world again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over