Poem: I Tell Myself It Was An Accident

I Tell Myself It Was An Accident

It happened fast, was not
my intention, (I do not think
it was my intention), it was
so fast, the boy running,
me walking, the boy
ran into me.  It was not
anything I did, no,
I did not do it, he
ran into me, into it
(the fist), yes, I did not
punch a child, no,
I would not punch
a child, not at all,
it was just an accident,
that boy, why would I
punch some boy
who just ran into me,
no, I did not do that,
it was not a thing
I would ever do,
it was all his fault
running into me that way,
and I hope he was alright
afterwards, hope his tears
did not last too much longer
after, because I could not stay,
I was in a hurry, I had no time
to worry about a crying boy
I did not even know,
would not ever see again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over