Poem: Always The Same Complaint

Always The Same Complaint

What is there
I can do at all
to change it
and if I cannot
why do you
keep asking me,
telling me?  It is 
not my problem,
I do not wish
to hear it again,
even if you
are suffering,
have been
suffering all along,
and it keeps going,
that problem
is not one I made
and I do not feel
at all responsible,
even if I could help,
I do not see why
your being hurt
is a matter
I should rectify,
not if it means
I must take action
or change anything
that I am happy about
or need to think
or act in any way
that I do not choose to
already, without
needing to consider
the consequences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)