A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twelve

 I am finally getting to the last bit of the story I am writing.  It may be a few more sessions, but I know that I am entering that last act, since a character has arrived who I know signals the stories end.  The excitement I feel at the moment about how events are unfolding, and about the strange world of the story itself, all of it feels quite different than I had expected in ways that are very rewarding.  At the same time, I am also aware, as I write this piece, of certain qualities in my work that I want to develop, and areas that I think I am weak in, when it comes to fiction.  I have a great deal of understanding about things on a certain technical level as a writer, but the truth is that their are many aspects to writing, and I have not always concerned my efforts with all of them.  At present, I am considering how I can explore certain aspects of character, and of how to develop relationships in a work of fiction.  Many of the pieces I write are based around a very tight perspective on a single individual, and I want to find ways of expanding so I can develop the non-perspective character or characters in ways that I find difficult at present.  I am considering a few ideas for another story, and I am attempting to see what I can think up that might press me in this direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)