A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twelve

 I am finally getting to the last bit of the story I am writing.  It may be a few more sessions, but I know that I am entering that last act, since a character has arrived who I know signals the stories end.  The excitement I feel at the moment about how events are unfolding, and about the strange world of the story itself, all of it feels quite different than I had expected in ways that are very rewarding.  At the same time, I am also aware, as I write this piece, of certain qualities in my work that I want to develop, and areas that I think I am weak in, when it comes to fiction.  I have a great deal of understanding about things on a certain technical level as a writer, but the truth is that their are many aspects to writing, and I have not always concerned my efforts with all of them.  At present, I am considering how I can explore certain aspects of character, and of how to develop relationships in a work of fiction.  Many of the pieces I write are based around a very tight perspective on a single individual, and I want to find ways of expanding so I can develop the non-perspective character or characters in ways that I find difficult at present.  I am considering a few ideas for another story, and I am attempting to see what I can think up that might press me in this direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over