A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Eleven

I spent a lot of time today considering the idea for that new collection I mentioned, and I think I am getting a better grasp on it, though I am not certain yet, as some of the ideas are convoluted as a result of their being sort of interconnected and recursive.  It gets difficult to lay down what the basics for an idea when it is not just a single, straight line, but I am beginning to understand it in a deeper way.

It also seems clear that things in that story are progressing in new and interesting ways.  The direction still feels in line with ideas I had about what was coming, but things are exaggerating and warping in ways I had not expected, but which are moving the narrative forward in a way that I had not anticipated, yet it is all within the concepts I had been considering, and seems to build on details and concepts I didn't realize I was seeding in the work already.  It is a strange process, and I keep writing about it because that kind of magical moment where things line up seems to feel like connecting with some larger intelligence, or with a greater aspect of self, but is also easy to dismiss just as quick, as if it is just a coincidence, and the not knowing which it is, whether it is improvisation that comes from understanding all these random details, or if it was a thing that had been intended on some level, it is not possible to know, and it often feels as if it is both and neither at the same time.  I only know that I trust when I follow this aspect of the experience, that I believe it helps me to cultivate work I am proud of and which I believe is of value in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over