A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twenty-Two

 I once more got to work early today, writing my poems first thing after getting up.  I'm hoping to keep that routine for a while, though I do recognize the difficulty I've had is not gone, but I have been successful three of the last four days, so I am also hoping that the new habit is developing.  I'm aware that getting my writing started early makes a difference in my day, both practically and mentally.  I certainly feel that I have accomplished something when I write, though that feeling is somewhat dampened these days, both because I'm not getting published and because I have been doing it each day for a long time now.  While that is a boon, the practice itself has a value for me, and doing it in the morning brings out those resources earlier in the day, which is beneficial itself.  It is an important thing for me to get myself back into that habit, and I am attempting to be more aware of the advantages it provides me, so, perhaps, it might help motivate me in deciding to get to work tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over