A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Nine

 It was another busy day, and I did not get as much writing done as I would like, but I did send out a number of new packets, which is an important act itself.  I wish I could get a lot more work out, if I am honest, if only to have more chances.  I keep being told to send out more work and that it is just odds, and at the very least sending more out gets me more chances.  It is not a particularly optimistic way of seeing it, to be honest, but I am dedicated, at least, to keeping going.  I think tomorrow should be a less hectic day, so I am hoping to get more work done, though I am also aware that, even in the time since I've complained that I have been writing too little, I still produced a small chapbooks worth of poems, so I am keeping it in perspective.  I would love to be writing a lot more poems each day, but I know that is not the mark of quality or a real measure, it is more that I am aware I have been giving my writing a bit less of my attention, and that is not a bad thing in all, as I have a life beyond my work, but I also am feeling the desire to find my way back towards the level of creative engagement that I know I can find if I get back to work in a more concerted way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over