A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Fourteen

 I think that I am going to focus on getting myself to do more work earlier in the day.  It feels that this will be a good way to begin moving back towards a more productive schedule.  For a long time, I was writing in the morning, as one of the first things I did when I woke up, but that has become difficult to continue.  The truth is, I was getting up early to care for Ulysses, who needed medicine at eight each morning, and that has made the early morning a more difficult time for me.  I need to get over that association, but it is quite difficult, and the fact that I had used my responsibilities to Ulysses as a motivator to get other work done has caused a lot of conflict in getting back to a similar schedule.  I kept working, but would allow work to accumulate until late and then finish it in a burst before going to bed.  That led into the issues that caused me, more recently, to slow down my writing overall, and I think the best way to resolve this is to get myself back to working earlier in the day.  So, I am thinking that I am going to try and commit to getting work done earlier, even if not all of it and not first thing in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over