A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twenty-One

 I did not get to work as early as I would have liked, but I was done with the majority of my work relatively early.  It is late, of course, now, but that is a result of my having taken time in between writing my poetry and working on fiction tonight.  I am still in the midst of that same story, and I feel that their are a few small thing which need to come into complete focus to bring the ending together.  I'm sensing it, but the details are still not all in place yet, and so it is coming along at a slow pace, but I recognize this may be necessary for the process of this story right now.  I am still writing two poems at the moment, and that is far fewer than I had been writing.  While I am driven to increase that again, I'm also not upset at the present rate, especially since I do have so much work ready to go.  I am still feeling rather frustrated by the difficulties I'm having getting work published, and writing can, at times, help with that, or contribute to it.  On one hand, it is a confirmation that I am still going, and not giving up, but the growing collection of unpublished work is also a symbol of that difficulty as well.  It is integral I keep writing each day, but it is also not the only thing that matters in this process, and writing more is not always the best solution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over