A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Thirty

 It is difficult to keep motivated at the moment.  In some ways, it is an act of resistance in the face of the consistent rejections I am receiving, but it also can feel like a waste, like throwing more energy in on something that is not working.  I feel like it is dumb of me to keep doing the same things and expecting anything to change, and that includes the writing itself, at times.  Today, I did my work, but it was not with any level of excitement, and I didn't have a sense of accomplishing anything.  It is not to say that the work itself was not, while I was engaged, interesting and absorbing, but it was not easy to get started and after, any spark of creative fulfillment faded rapidly.  I know I need to make a change, that I cannot just keep doing this and waiting.  I only wish I could figure out what I can do, because I do not know any options besides what I am doing now and quitting, and if feeling that I am failing is bad, quitting and accepting that as reality would be far worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)