A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twenty-Nine

 I am taking it a bit easy tonight.  I will admit that I am not fully comfortable with the choice.  Partly, it is driven by my not being certain what to write at the moment, as I finished one story last night and am yet to conceive of the next.  I have a few ideas, but all of them feel a bit unready or otherwise seem off.  I wrote my poetry this morning, and I think I am going to wait to work on fiction tomorrow.  If I don't have any thoughts at that time, I'll sit down and free write or something until I find a place to start.  

While my decision is driven, in part, by the lack of a current piece in progress or an idea to start on, I am also choosing to stop early because it is Melissa's birthday.  I want to be able to balance things better, and getting done early tonight feels like a good way to move in that direction.  It is an attempt to be a bit flexible in order to accommodate the important parts of being a person.  

I'm not going to get into it again, but for third or fourth consecutive day, I received another rejection.  I wonder if it will continue tomorrow...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over