A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twenty-Nine

 I am taking it a bit easy tonight.  I will admit that I am not fully comfortable with the choice.  Partly, it is driven by my not being certain what to write at the moment, as I finished one story last night and am yet to conceive of the next.  I have a few ideas, but all of them feel a bit unready or otherwise seem off.  I wrote my poetry this morning, and I think I am going to wait to work on fiction tomorrow.  If I don't have any thoughts at that time, I'll sit down and free write or something until I find a place to start.  

While my decision is driven, in part, by the lack of a current piece in progress or an idea to start on, I am also choosing to stop early because it is Melissa's birthday.  I want to be able to balance things better, and getting done early tonight feels like a good way to move in that direction.  It is an attempt to be a bit flexible in order to accommodate the important parts of being a person.  

I'm not going to get into it again, but for third or fourth consecutive day, I received another rejection.  I wonder if it will continue tomorrow...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)