A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Twenty-Three

 Despite the current hour, I did get to work early today, and wrote my poems this morning.  As well, I think I had a real breakthrough on that story.  I am still not finished, but I think the pieces are coming together, and I felt that I got through a certain amount of the most difficult material.  It seems very close, and I am quite pleased so far, though I still wonder if it is a bit uneven as a piece right now, but some of the problems in it seem to be things that could only be fixed in revision, when a clearer sense of the whole is attained.  

I received another rejection today and sent out several new packets as well.  Most of it is work that I had sent out before, but I am attempting to keep what hope I can, and the fact that it feels meaningless at the moment doesn't change the reality that the only action I am certain I can take right now is submitting again and again.  I just wish I had a sense that I was making progress in doing that, or that I had some action I could take that I knew could help me get to positive outcomes.  I am stuck and do not know what to do or how to get help at the moment, but I am at least continuing, though it does feel pointless to me a lot of late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over