A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Seventeen

 I got myself to start work far earlier in the day, including a bit of writing this morning and more in the afternoon.  Though I did not get all the writing I intended done for the day until tonight, I am quite pleased.  It often can be best to make changes slowly, instead of attempting to change it all at once, and though I still am writing now, it is far earlier than it might have been otherwise.  

In terms of the writing today, I continued work on the short story, and I have a sense that I am quite close to the climax, and am beginning to have a strong sense of the way much of it will be revealed.  The poems I wrote today also seemed to be moving me towards work I am wanting to do.  I have been considering a larger poetry project of late, and I feel that much of the work I am doing at the moment is in the direction of that concept, even if not yet there in total, as I do not have the specific ideas for the piece in mind yet.  I am still putting together the overall concept before I begin real work, but certain aspects are clear and require thinking about poems in specific ways that are different than most of previous work, and even though I am still in that early planning phase, I am finding myself playing with those ideas and approaches in order to ready myself for the effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)