A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Eighty-Five

Another late night, of course.  I got my work done, and am still feeling good about the story.  Some of the poems tonight were a bit indulgent, as I was agitated.  I have had some recent experiences that have me a bit upset to begin with, and then I received two more rejections within a half hour this morning, and I wrote a number of poems that were responses to the feelings and the events surrounding them.  I do not know that these serve any function but as a way to just get it out of my system a bit so I can write other things, but it may be that they have an energy or other qualities born of rawness and the emotion itself.  I do not think that is likely, but if they do nothing but clear space for other ideas, that makes them valuable in their own way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Thirty-Seven