A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Fifty-Seven

I am still in the process of making plans for the new novel that I have been talking about recently.  I am focused, right now, on certain aspects of the larger plot arc.  I want the structure of the plot and the journey it depicts to serve as the backbone for the central allegory I want to work into the book.  I have discussed the approach I often take towards serious issues in my work, which is to attempt to reflect them but outside their context, so that the normal.biases a reader brings can be disarmed.  As I said, the center of this book is about a haunted house, and I want to have that house be a character in the story, the central character of it.  To me, the house has a real journey from being a loved home to being abandoned and, as this continues, a place that is dilapidated and has become terrifying, a place that is hateful.  Their is more in this, but I want to build the story so that the reader empathizes with the house and understands, and I think I can do that in a way that reflects understandings about things in the world today, in a way that is not direct or obvious.  I am not certain how much sense this makes, it is quite late, and is also still rather tenuous in general.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

Part Three Is Coming