Poem: It May Be That I Have Told This Story Before

It May Be That I Have Told This Story Before

to you, I mean,
because it is certain
I have told it before:
it is a good story,
is worth telling,
is full of action,
with people doing
strange things
for odd reasons,
and the bit
about the mattress
and the rabbits
is more entertainment
than most tales
can provide in total,
though it is but
a small highlight
of this story,
which is one,
as I said,
well worth telling,
so I do tell it,
but it may be
that you have heard it
already, that I
would be repeating myself.
Best not to tell it,
it is not worth
being a bore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three