A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Thirty-Nine

It can be difficult to keep focused on my writing.  It is not only the distractions of the world, but I am receiving one rejection after another, a slow but steady drip if them into my email inbox.  I do not know what to do, but I feel a real need to take action.  The difficulty is that the action needs to lead towards what I am actually interested in achieving.  I have ideas of ways to perhaps reach more people, but it feels that doing so would need to involve doing things that might alter the focus of the work. For example, I have considered putting work online in a video form, but to do so in a way that would attract attention would mean creating videos that are interesting to an audience, and not just me reading a poem, but videos that go far beyond just me reading a poem feel as if they would garner any attention for those qualities.  At the same time, I don't want to just put up videos of me reading poems and not have anyone find them or have an interest, which is what I think is likely to happen.  The goal.of this would be to help getting me an audience, so there is not much point in doing the videos without putting in the effort I feel would be needed to give them a chance at finding an audience.  As well, I am also not certain that any success in that direction would bring attention to help establish my writing career the way I am hoping.  I do not want to have it become a thing that pulls me elsewhere, but part of reaching the destination I am aiming towards already.  I am sick of feeling stuck this way, as anyone who reads this blog probably knows already.  I need to find a way to create a positive change, but I know I am not aware of what I can do, and I am frustrated that each time I speak to anyone about what I should do, the only answer is what I am already doing that has me so frustrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three