A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Twenty-Six

As I have discussed, I am feeling rather frustrated at the moment, due to the large number of rejections I am receiving.  I do believe that I will get acceptances at some point, as well, but it is hard not to feel dejected when a number of rejections show up in such short order.  I know I do not have control over the success my work finds in the world, and that is extremely frustrating, as I have been working with dillegance and am not finding success, and would really like to have more than hope at this point.  As well, in the context of having so much work already done, and continuing to write with dedication, the constant rejection makes me feel a bit insane.  To dedicate myself to so much work and have nothing as a result makes it difficult not to consider the idea that I have been delusional and wasting my time.  But, I have enough positive feedback to be certain my work is good, and I am also not willing to stop.  It hurts to get rejections, and it is natural to have doubts at a time like this, but I still wrote today, and I am going to do it again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three