A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Seventeen

I want to keep my focus on my writing itself.  As I said yesterday, unknown it is what I have control over.  But, as I have said in previous posts, to not be working at getting more of my work published is also no good.  I write with the intent that my work be read by others.  I have known individuals who are motivated by the desire to write for their own satisfaction or to share with family and friends, but that has never been my ambition, and it is stifling to not admit and pursue those goals.  The thing is, I have not had any real progress, and that becomes very frustrating.  I work hard at my writing, and it is never pleasant to receive a rejection, but what is really hard is the feeling that I am not getting anywhere.  I just wish I had some sense that I am making progress in my efforts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three