A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Thirty

I feel quite good about a lot of the work I am doing these days.  It is not so much that I think it is far better, but I have felt myself moving back towards more of the type of poetry that I feel most at home with.  In recent times, I have often found myself writing poems that are far afield from that work, which is not a complaint.  I think it is important and positive to write across this breadth, but I also recognize that much of that writing was a result of a certain discomfort.  Many have spoken about feeling slack of inspiration as a result of the world predicament, and though I have made myself keep to my work, much of the time I have written poems that came from whatever was at hand or in my experience at that moment.  It was work I forced out of myself, but did not come from the same imaginative landscape as most of my work.  In recent days I have felt some return of that missing element for the first time in quite a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three