A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Sixteen

I have been working for a long time to shift my mental focus towards the aspects of my work that I can control.  It is in my power to write and to send out my work.  I know there are routes besides the traditional publishing model, but having researched those options, I don't feel they are right for my work, and I am not interested in taking on many of the roles that self-publishing would require of me.  Of course, that leaves me sending out work and facing the gauntlet of rejection.  I have a lot of work, and I have been sending it out, but so far I am not finding success in these efforts.  That is normal, and I have enough experience and positive feedback from other writers whose opinions I trust that I believe in my work, but I am still scared.  I cannot be certain anyone will show interest in my work.  For many years, I believed the biggest struggle would be developing the discipline to write each day, and that took a long time and a lot of work, but it was within my control.  The only thing I can do now, though, is to keep going, which I am doing, but I cannot escape the need for some kind of positive sign that I am making progress.

Comments

  1. Good luck, my man. This is a fight worth fighting for. I wish you well and many successes on these and all of your endeavors. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three