A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Forty

I am quite glad to have gotten my work done tonight.  I have been having a lot of difficulty keeping from feeling that I am most wasting time and effort working on my poetry, and the best way I know to fight that is to persist, but in the end, it is something I need to change.  I know I do not control what happens in terms of getting my work published, but their must be something I can do that will help me right now.  I think the key is feeling that I am taking effective action towards my goal, and right now, I am taking action, but I do not feel it is effective.  I am working hard, but it does not feel as if I am making progress, and that makes it  hard to keep from feeling that the work itself is a wasted effort.  It is like attempting to walk someplace and finding the wind is so strong
you cannot make any progress.  It feels pointless to keep pushing forward, to fight and exhaust yourself, so why not just stop fighting and let the wind just pass by?  But it is important to get down the street, there is an appointment you must make, perhaps.  I can't give up on this, but I also am not certain how I am supposed to deal with this.  The one thing that I know for certain is that I need something to do that allows me to see I am making progress, not just doing what I am doing now or putting effort into other things that may help, if I am lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three