A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Twenty-Four

I am up late again, but I do feel enthusedby my work tonight.  It was not all easy or fast, but I felt I was making a step forward in the work.  I have often been feeling as if many of my poems lately have just been releasing and digesting the current situation, which is a valid use for poetry, but is not often the kind of poetry I write.  Today, I found myself writing poems that reminded me of the work I feel most drawn towards, which is strangely exhilarating in the world as it is.  In some ways, it feels as if I am moving beyond some of the limitations and fears of the present, at least in my writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three