A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Twenty-Two

I had a lot to do today and was not able to get much writing done this morning, but I have made up for that tonight.  I am trying to keep focused on getting the work done and remaining hopeful, but the rejection letters have been coming in somewhat regularly of late and I am feeling rather raw about it.  As I have said before, it is not a matter of not understanding the reality behind a rejection, or even thinking that the editors must be crazy to make such a wrong decision as rejecting my work, which is an attitude I know some writers actually do have.  The issue is my own.  It is not something to do with the rejection as a specific but with the wish that I was doing better in my efforts.  It is a symbol, in many ways.  As well, being human, having my work turned down does hurt.  I think that what I am currently most caught up in is the frustration of knowing I am working but not seeing results yet.  It is hard to remain hopeful, at times, but I know this is necessary.  It would be nice to see some acceptances soon,  but even if I don't, I have to believe they are coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three