A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And Twelve

I have already commented upon the difficulties I have been facing this week, though not in specific.  Really, the details are not important to my work here, but what does matter is the way that my life can either feed or drain my creativity.  In some ways, negative emotions can be a good source for work.  Attempting to move through things, to express ideas in an effort to understand, grow and change, but it is also easy for those same emotions to lead to work that is self-pitying and trite, or for the desire to create any work to become distant in response.  It is this last which has been my most common difficulty this week, though I have caught myself writing a few pieces that express my own frustrations and might be seen as falling in that category of trite complaining that has, at best, the function of unloading the negativity, and at worst winds it up instead, building its power through continuing to focus upon a perceived wrong.  I hope that some of the poems I have written responding to my current experiences fall into that more positive category, of course.  I certainly aim in that direction, as much as one can choose to do such a thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three